Without further ado, it’s time to announce the Table of Contents for issue #6 of Midnight Echo, the magazine of the Australian Horror Writers Association. The theme for the issue was science fiction/horror, and we’ve picked some absolute beauties for you!
- “Out Hunting for Teeth” by Joanne Anderton
- “Trawling the Void” by Alan Baxter
- “Silver-Clean” by Jenny Blackford
- “Graveyard Orbit” by Shane Jiraiya Cummings
- “More Matter, Less Art” by Stephen Dedman
- “Seeds” by Mark Farrugia
- “Earth Worms” by Cody Goodfellow
- “The Wanderer in the Darkness” by Andrew J McKiernan
- “Dead Low” by Cat Sparks
- “Surgeon Scalpelfingers” by Helen Stubbs
This issue will also contain interviews with Chris Moore and another well known sci fi author who will be announced later, and all sorts of other bits and pieces. I can promise you some great fiction from these fantastic authors, who’ve done a top job of exploring our SF/Horror theme, as originally conceived by David Conyers. These are all quite meaty reads, and we’ve done our best to keep it all killer, no filler.
Many thanks to my fellow co-editors, David Conyers and David Kernot, who were absolute legends in helping pull this together, and to Leigh Blackmore and the rest of the Midnight Echo team for their hard work behind the scenes. Not sure of the actual publication date just yet, but will post more when this information comes to light.
Congratulations to the successful authors!